Game of Thrones styled shoot
What wedding photographers do in their spare time?
So this is what wedding photographers do when they have a few spare days. Free days don’t happen very often but when they do – we have fun with our photography. Wedding photography is about capturing those real emotions but also about playing and experimenting. In other words wedding photographers are creative souls. This time we had fun during this Game of Thrones styled shoot.
Having fun with the Game of Thrones styled shoot
It’s official now! Game of Thrones, season 5, starts on the 12th of April 2015. Not long to go, but still for some of us… tooo long! If you can’t wait to see the new episodes and are planning your wedding, I’ve got something really exciting here for you.
Have you seen our styled photo shoot? It took place at the Royal Lodge, Symonds Yat. Your wedding doesn’t have to look like a themed fancy dress party but if you are a Game of Thrones’ fan, you can add just a bit – maybe a different hair style or necklaces/earrings, and still look stunning, elegant and at the same time unique and original!
What is a Styled Shoot?
A styled shoot is a type of photography where the photographer takes creative control over the environment and styling of the shoot. This can include arranging props and costumes, choosing the location, and styling the models themselves. A styled shoot can be done for any occasion, such as a newborn photo session or a themed photo shoot. We have decided to go for the Game of Thrones styled shoot.
Game of Thrones Styled Shoot – the results
Have a look at some of the images here and if you want to read more about the story behind our photo shoot, visit the BESPOKE BRIDE blog. What do you think? Would you like to look a little bit less traditional on your wedding day?
We love weddings and brides that are a bit more unique. The same rule applies to wedding speeches. It is always good to be yourself, so if you love this bridal look, go for it! We would love to be your wedding photographers.
The devil is in the details here. You don’t have to have a horse of course, a delicate and unique necklace or beautiful hair will do the trick. Flower crowns or bouquets made of wild flowers might be another great alternative. Such a delight to photograph!
How to do a Styled Shoot?
1. Whether you’re shooting on location or in your studio, start by setting the tone of your scene. Choose a look for your characters and set the mood for the scene.
2. Plan your composition and make sure every element is working together to create a cohesive image. Take into account the light and backgrounds, and use props and costumes to add extra dimension to your shots.
3. Decide on your theme. This might be something specific from Game of Thrones, or it could be anything you like.
4. Scout out locations that will work well for your shoot. You’ll want locations that will provide good backdrops for your models and good lighting, so consider looking at nearby parks or abandoned buildings.
5. Choose your models and cast them according to theme and location. Have them dress in outfits that fit their role in the scene and reflect the setting of the scene they’re portraying.
6. Most importantly – have fun!
Our amazing hair stylist: BRIDAL BEAUTY WEDDING HAIR
Make up: LE GLOW BEAUTIFUL BRIDES
The amazing hand-made jewellery – JACQ BRILL
Dresses & Suits – AMORE & HIGH TOWN HIRE
Florist – LIKES FLORIST
Decor – WEDDING MEANDER
Bunting – PEACH BLOSSOM DESIGNS
Venue – THE ROYAL LODGE, Symonds Yat
If you like what you see and looking for your wedding photographer, get in touch with us. We would love to hear all about your wedding plans. You can find out more about us by reading about wedding photography experience.